ballade pour adeline

Monday, July 03, 2006

frowned a zillion times, cried 5 times and smiled twice today

***Broke the record!--took 2 hrs to blog this. BE NICE. READ it. Haha***

and so i slept at 4am and woke up at 11am today. had planned to do sth today but somehow my parents managed to get the car today so we went swimming instead. was still feeling extremely crabby this morning, the after effects of the great depression last night. sent my sis to the airport and once again the familiar sights were presented in front of my eyes. this time i didn't detest going to the airport. infact i enjoyed the 45min trip down the highway. at the entrance of the airport, hugs were seen exchanged between a young couple and i cldn't help but ponder, where was this lady with a huge bagpack and luggage heading? how long will she will away? for a moment, i felt a tinge of sourness for the guy who has to cope with the temporary departure. passed by the new budget terminal. kinda amusing. always thought the price of the ticket is damn fine, but being able to come back or even reach your destination is another issue.

i've been haunted with sudden bouts of teardrops the whole day. And i finally felt my endorphins surge when i hit the pool. although it was packed with families-large and small, it was fine with me. i had to avert and cross lanes several times: it was fine with me too. the thing i wasn't fine with was...the pool was sick. every wkend, visibility in the water plunged to qte a pathetic degree. seeing the filth of specks of urea and other unidentified stuff floating ard just grosses me out totally. Not that i was thinking hard abt it. I just swam like no one business.

Oh I saw this guy who was swimming directly head-on incoming towards me, who, from under the water looked like.............SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS! =P maybe it was the boxers he was wearing. maybe it was just the way the swum. be it his boxers or his style, i thought he looked either like that yellow cartoonish sponge or his gay friend, PATRICK STAR. Gosh, that PINK thing is so cute lah=P (my sis's cell grp as a guy called patrick and she calls him patrick star. hehe. for a while i was reminded of him). Oh and I was ogling at a cute stick-fig swimmer who swims twice as fast as me :(

1st Smile

Oh...THEN...you have the highlight of the day. *excited* After the swim, i went to the poolside jacuzzi as usual and was just soaking in the bubbly fun and glancing ard the poolside when i saw this super sick ah pek in trunks fondle with his Oh My Gord dick. I found it really hilarious. For the record, No I am NOT perverted. Gosh. But it was indeed qte funny to see one 'adjusting' his manhood in public. Hah.

Had dinner at the club again and my parents waited patiently (must say VERY VERY patiently) for 1hr for their fishhead curry, while i gobbled and scoffed my plate of mushroom fettucini (how sinful) like a turkey. Then I was craving for baked potatoes oozing with tata sauce so i ordered another grilled chicken turnover which i barely ate due to a sudden loss of appetite. btw, I only ate half the baked potato. still very full now :( I had PLANNED to go the beach long before dinner but since the wait was sooooooooo long, my mum tried to dissuade me from going because driving up was kinda out of way, even though ironically, ECP beach was just beside the club. And YES, I THREW A TANTRUM, insisting that my mum cheated me yet again:p it wasn't a loud-mouth event or anything because my tantrums were usually silent treatments"--in which i simply don't talk to anyone AT ALL, in addition to a really peeved look.

Feeling very vEry VeRy depressed, just like how my day has been, i walked off from the table out of the restaurant for a breather, without saying anything to my parents. I walked past one of the swimming pools and thought "What If I Drowned". Then I walked up to the 3rd floor and just stood there for a while. Again, I thought "What if I Jumped". At this time, i was tearing yet again for the umpteenth time. No luck today, it wasn't as windy as the 1st time i went up. After 5 min of stoning, watching the kois swimming beneath me, watching the cars go by the highway just metres away from one of the obscured poolsides, and gazing at the somewhat few stars left on a cloudy night, my mum called my cellphone and I REFUSED to pick up. Probably just to inform me that my grilled chicken has arrived. (heck that) So i took the elevator up to the roof and stood there for abt 2min, then i decided to just go check out what else was install in the restaurant. the restaurant's wkend specialty FISHHEAD CURRY that my parents booked ages ago...(because it tends to get sold out) STILL HASN'T ARRIVED AFTER 45 MIN.
My parents were STILL very patient (so unlike me) that I was very impressed with them. Blah. But I was surprised to see my grilled chicken and 3 bowls of tau suans on the table, which my parents, both simultaneously reported that were complementary from that waiter as a compensation for having to wait half our lives for that almost non-existent pot of fishheads. Oh and my mum announced that we wld go for a walk at the beach YAY! :) See, my tantrum worked--I am just being a spoilt brat.

Piping hot Fishhead curry FINALLY arrived!

As i can't take spicy food AT ALL (my threshold of spicyness is Really pathetic) I was screaming and gulping down cups of water just after eating one teeny weeny piece of lady's finger from that pot of curry.

Eventually, after that 1 plate of pasta, half a baked potato+a few pieces of chicken...and for my parents: 1 HUGE pot (like twice the size of normal FH curries) shared by 2 of them with 1 bowl of rice EACH and 1 bowl of tausuan EACH, we were basically walking human balloons.


2nd Smile:

MY LIFE
As we headed towards the beach by foot through this really deserted tunnel (that scares the hell out of me) we finally arrived at the beach where this heavenly favourite therapeutic place of mine just lifts my mood miraculously (: while my parents sat on the bench like a dating couple, I walked alone onto the sand and just stood there to relish whatever there was ard me. Time stopped......

What seemed like 5 mins of......(read-on 1 - 10)...turned out to be 1hr...
gazing into the ocean (best thing number 1),
listening to the seabreeze (best thing number 2),
3) watching the waves lap tirelessly on the shore
4) watching the flickering ship lights go by
5) watching airplanes take off and head into the abyss of darkness one by one
6) looking out for islands in the far distance and making them out
7) looking up at the stars and hoping for a shooting star
8) having the seabreeze gently blow into your face, seeming taking away all my troubles with it
9) watching a sunset (a bonus)
10) having sand soft to your touch under your weight

...and lots lots lots more...That's why i LOVE (most) beaches (:


For once, no one cld interrupt my bubble of peace and serenity. The only thing my dad said was: IT'S GOING TO BE HIGH TIDE SOON. other than that, things were cool. they knew that i was feeling down. I wonder if they were thinking if I was lovelorn or autistic to be wanting to visit the beach so badly. Then after 5 min, i saw some flickering lights on the beach from my far right. Some loonies flashing torches. Purely an eyesore. Any-o-how, I ignored the distraction and a mental note to myself: If anyone were to disturb my time in my own little paradise, i.........

1) will murder you
2) will not careless because it was my own haven and you can forget abt pissing me off
......depending on my mood


then my parents came down to the beach hand in hand after sitting for abt 1/2hr. I thought it was really sweet and i imagined i wld say this...but they looked really cute together :) I wondered if they ever went to the beach when they were pat-tuoing. hee. Despite my love and passion for beaches, sadly, my parents seldom brought me to the beach. No picnics and such. (I think they only brought my sis and i to cycle by the beach maybe less than 5 times).


I never knew how they felt abt beaches. They just didn't seem like the kind who wld fancy nature. My mum told me that she used to like beaches until the tsunami struck. Hmm that's qte sad. Then i saw my dad abt 3m away, staring at the waves, just like me. It was then that i believed that he liked the ocean too. (or so I thought). Haha. It was until I approached him and he told me he was waiting for the waves to wash out and devastate the (really cannot-make-it) sandcastle. For a moment I thought, OMG MY DAD IS SADISTIC. But then later, i realised that he just wanted to see the high tide reach and flood the little valley between the sandcastles.


I sang. I prayed. I strolled. I skipped. I wished upon a star. I shouted (softly) to the ocean.


So many passing thoughts while face to face with the ocean. I thought of the every other time I was at the beach with blah, blah and blah. who will be standing right here, next to me in years to come? Will he be enjoying it as much as I am?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home