ballade pour adeline

Saturday, June 24, 2006

some days you just feel like...

Just came home from a meal at marche with my parents. returned to my old territory where apparently i was the guide. of course they knew their way ard suntec, but who was the one who knew the shortcuts? who was the one who knew where the good food were? who was the one...ah...nvm =P

weekends at marche cost a bomb by the way, with those crappy promotions of having to spend minimums at the marketplace. nevertheless, it was good experience. Then we went to carrefour to shop...with my shortcut of course and i bought a piece of reALLy good banana choc cake from secret recipe (my birthday cake!) I insisted that my parents HAD to try it so i bought a piece and shipped it all the way home. Still intact, thankfully. mark my words, its good :) despite my dad's disapproval to eat that cake because he was so full from the huge chicken thigh dinner and waffle, i made them try it. well, at least i asked him to, whether it ate it or not, it's another story. my mum loved it though. As for myself, i still love my marche food, the ham and cheese crepe and my waffle ice-cream. mum had 1, i had 1. was extremely appetizing, plus the fact that i was starving from used brain cells during that 3hr lect, i gobbled like a friggin' turkey, only to emerge super full, but satisfied that we managed to beat the crowd and had our sumptuous dinner. the cost...well...my mum said "it's good to treat yourself and be nice."
Oops. Oh well.

those familiar restaurants, a mth and it seems like everything there is in it's rightful place. that neon promotion sign is finally up and muthu's curry has finally refurnished to a seemingly decent restaurant. hehe. Oh, i saw the cute chicken rice guy, who apparently was still selling chicken rice on a saturday. hehee... (: i showed my mum that koi garden with er...very plump and succulent kois. She was surprised to see fishes as FAT and JUICY as those but yeah...amazing stuff to see my old 'lunch bench' :) that is being occupied by stupid rowdy kids on a saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home