ballade pour adeline

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It was one of my best trips that I ever had in oz. =) Thank the Lord=)

Well it was an eventful trip and not all was unpleasant. nevertheless, it is amazing how much someone can grow and get to know God more in a matter of 2 1/2 days. We visited 3 beaches, had a couple of lunches on 2 different beaches, went hiking, had prayer sessions, play tabletennis, got to know the pple better, went sight-seeing during the road journeys, had a breathtaking view at the peak of mt bishop. =)

I learnt that even as christians, not all the journey is smooth-sailing. in fact, there was one point of time when the police and toll-truck had to be called. the good thing was that no one was injured in the car accident. it felt traumatic. although I wasn't in that car, it was just something that everyone cld feel something in common. we prayed together, we thanked the Lord for no casualities and we supported each other through the low times. what happened was the driver of one of the 3 cars fell asleep on the wheel on the way back from squeaky beach and apparently he swerved left, right then into a shallow muddy swamp and the car was caught in a (thankfully) small tree with branches. (we cldn't imagine what wld have happened had it been a lamppost or a stout and sturdy big tree) then smoke started bellowing out from the bonnet of the car. everyone was worried abt igniting the engine again, lest the car blew up. so 1 car spent the evening in the SHIVERING cold waiting for the police and toll-truck to arrive while another group was driven back to the house. it was qte an experience. but it felt comforting to know that everyone was standing together as 1. that God was watching over us and not allowing us to get hurt.

I learnt abt friendship, compromise (there were some hiccups between my sis and i) and abt getting to know God. I had a sudden urge to cry that night (the 2nd night) when the incident happened. everyone (or maybe just me) was trying to make sense of what just happened. one of the down sides was that the car that crashed wasn't the driver's. The driver had lent us her dad's car and she wasn't part of the trip with us. Hence, i wasn't easy telling her first-hand abt the accident. anyway, I am really really thankful that all of us had fun during the trip and personally, I felt that it was an extremely meaningful one indeed. I feel that right now I have cemented a closer bond with God and I really look forward to getting to know more and more everyday =)

there were 15 of us, 6 girls and 9 guys and there was only one original melb-born local. I must admit that she is one of the nicest local I have ever met so far=) I had a great time chatting and stunning with her abt the unbendingly strict policies and rules of NY (-_-") while I listened for my first time abt her high sch here and what she did. it was really nice. the 2 of us stood at the balcony and just admired the stars and listening to the waves in the distance amongst the bushes. it was cloudy night so the stars were playing hide and seek, peeking out once in a while. was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see any shooting stars. (my sis did on her last trip to port philip!!!=X) but I guess there's always another chance to watch it right? something to look forward to.

squeaky beach is indeed the coolest beach i've been to. the sand really squeaks. it's as if walking on the cement floor with sport shoes--that kind of squeaking=P)

2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I suppose a big lesson that can be learned from such a trip and expereince is to stick to strict rotation of drivers when driving great distances. When one driver is tired, feels sleepy, starts yawning, about to doze off. He should immediately stop the car and let the backup driver(s) take over. Not all the passengers should be sleeping at the same time either. One has to stay awake to make sure the driver stays alert, keep a lookout for him or her dozing off.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger bubblE said...

hehe I guess you are right. thanks for you comments=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home