ballade pour adeline

Sunday, September 18, 2005

I am almost there ='(

The moon is spectacular tonight. Can actually see it creep slowly from the back from the building to being more apparent. It looks like a flawless piece of art and a yellow hardboiled eggyolk. And I am actually on the verge of bursting out in tears.

Go ahead, taunt me. Laugh all you want :'(

If only I was watching it from home...I bet it is more amazing from home. If I were home now, I wld be eating mooncakes or watching tv or hopefully, spend my night at some garden. hehe=)

I recall how I used to play with lanterns. Paper ones-never had a plastic one. Those with noises and rotate are really annoying btw. haha. Remember how I wld play alone in the garden back in bk timah. Haha qte sad. Walked ard the whole garden back and forth with my lantern. Because my sisters never played with lanterns (with me) ahah. Okie, maybe except...once? =X Then I wld play with candles after the lantern was burnt out. How morbid. hehe. But it was great fun. Remember how we always had nyps mooncake festival night outs? yup...and I wld always see kids walk past my house with their parents on their way back from the nyps dinner and stuff. Something which I think I only attend once or maybe even never throughout my pri sch days. Those were the days...Gotta admit that we're old already...Can even a receding hairline now. hahaR...

Haiz...and back to reality. Here I am stuck in some freaking place where pple don't even know what mid-autumn festival is. What a vast difference and an eye-opener. hmm maybe not eye-opener. Eye-shutter maybe. Hehe. My 3rd year not celebrating MAF. Not that I celebrate it enthusiastically but it's the mooncake thing. Man. All the pig biscuits that I so love and the little baskets that come with it. haha I think I still got a pink one at home. Hanging at my doorknob right this very moment. If I am not wrong, I THINK it came with me from my bk timah home. Haha. I don't know. Hmm I remember my parents were always going to this ulu place amongst the HDB blocks-I don't know where and they were always buy mooncakes from this aunty who once said something which I cld never really fathom till this day. haha. When I was a kid, she told my mum that I had nice eyes. HahAR. HahHAR. er...HA HA. Maybe she just wanted my mum to buy more mooncakes? hehe maybe. Then these days, I have grown to enjoy ice-cream mooncakes from swensons and those flaky ones-sth like pong pia. So much variety. Have we gradually grown out of tradition? Yet change is the only constant. So it's inevitable??? Mooncakes. Cravings.

hmm...I wonder what all you guys are doing on mooncake festival...drop me a line yup?=) I bet all of you are stuffing your faces with yummy mooncakes now. Hehe or even holding some lantern...roaming the streets? haha...

To side-track, ny high's mooncake fests were in sch too. And we had free yummy (or maybe not) mooncakes. We had some class thingy then when we were in sec 2, my friend and I made a wish on MAF, I can't rem her wish, (prob same as mine haha) but it was to get to a triple science class in sec3! haha. 14 years old. Man. hehe. And now? My wish is to go home asap=)

I always wished that I cld spend a day at yu hua yuan or whatever you call that place, where all the beautiful lanterns are hung up high and all I know is that it's a haven with bright lights and everyone celebrating a chinese festival together apart from CNY. Everyone's elated; every kid with a lantern in hand. But sadly, I never went there. 1stly too far-jurong is it? don't even know where. haha. 2ndly, my parents never wanted to go. 3rdly, I didn't know who wld have wanna go. hehe. Today, I think I know who will wanna go with me=) But then snapping back to reality, right now I can't go with you...will you wait for me? hehe=P

F***ed up place. 43 more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home