ballade pour adeline

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Read on if you dare...

Yo! It's consoling to snuggle in the world of the typical singaporean lahs and lors again=) --in case you're wondering...from the radio=)

Today, my friend said I didn't have C2 (the spinal cord) because she cldn't palpate it! Haha. That doesn't mean I don't have!!! haha. Anyway, she said I looked like a dead fish when I flexed my neck for her to find c7. LOL. Dead fish.

Had an electro test today. Blah. Didn't know how to do it.

Last night I lay in bed dreaming abt the wonderful times I had when I went home. I miss seeing my dad crane his neck at the airport terminal while we waited impatiently for the conveyor belts to load our luggages and I miss how my mum and I wld peek nervously at the crowd for a familiar small frame. I miss having to stride out of the automatic sliding glass doors with a big wide smile in my heart and face and being greeted by anxious fellow singaporeans anticipating their loved one's arrival. I miss having to see my dad's face light up as he willingly and eagerly take over the trolley full of our baggages as we proceed to the car. I miss bumming ard in the volkswagen and watching the stars from the overhead glass panel and watching the scenery of HDBs and road-side trees go by as the car speeds past during the night =) That is one of the most heartwarming events that I experience each time (thrice) when I go home...I miss having so much to talk to my family abt and listen to them when we're on the roads on the way home. I miss having to see the car reverse into the driveway as my sis pisses off and flares up because my dad starts nagging abt how she has to watch her right and left side mirrors cautiously before she steers into the dark driveway. I miss having my parents help to strenously unload the heaps of luggages from the car booth onto the car pouch. I miss having to hear Rocky sniff curiously from under the intervals of the door. I miss having to be the first to open the door to the doggie-odour-filled living room and have doggie pounce excitedly ard my feet and wanting me to carry him and sayang him. Does he even know that we've been away for 9mths? Maybe not. Maybe the time zone in doggie is different from us. He probably thought that we were away for 1/2 hr and just got back from our evening post-dinner walks;) I miss switching on the tv (yeah my parents' got a new tv!!!=D ) and watching my dad sprawl comfortably on his sofa which is now so devoid of a decent spongy base for resting our asses. And how he wld fiddle with the remote control just to get the right channel of the shi2 dian3 xin1 wen2 on channel 8--either chen xiuling, zeng yueli or dong suhua=) Then as I pry open the fridge, boy am I animated to see a fridge stocked up with ample food for the family for next 3-4 days. My dad wld always ALWAYS go shopping at the local ntuc a couple of days before just to welcome us with food, glorious food=) And upon entering my room...ALAs! my heaven for the past 3-5 years. The specklessly clean pink comforters spread over the newly washed brown-beige sheets collected after a day's sun of shining and warming in the backyard. My previously vacant dressing table will now be strewn with all sorts of accessories. Another highlight: Digging out my singapore sims card from my old handphone and inserting it carefully into my nokia 8310. The next best thing: When I will start smsing and bugging pple with "Hey! I'm back!=D"........................................haha

Then the next few weeks wld be packed with yumcha sessions and lunch appointments- from my dad's saved up vouchers. haha =D ...

hell I am still here. 47 more days to nov.

I miss home.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger chris กริช said...

hey!! 47 days only!! as compared to 9 mths!!! wah!! so fast!!!! i cannot wait!! miss u a lot a lot a lot!!!!!!!!

big HUGZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home