ballade pour adeline

Friday, September 09, 2005

Listen to my ramblings...

I am so full. Just came back from a yum cha session at dragonboat palace. Yup, the 'interaction session' for the international and local 2nd yrs. Not everyone was present though. We had 3 tables in the restaurant...each table maybe 10 pple so...all in all abt 30 odd pple. We tried to mix among ourselves but it was kinda sad case. 3 caucasians at my table, 1 table clearly dominanted by the locals and the late internationals had no choice but to settle for there. Sadly. And another table full of the internationals and abt 3 locals-but the whole table were asians. Pretty forlorn I'd say but I guess it was good effort at least trying to mingle.

This local was sitting beside me and boy are the locals amusing. The 2 of them at my table freaked out with the 'chicken feet' dish and they REFUSED to eat. Same goes for the 'cow stomach' which I reckon was a delicacy. It tasted good=) Anyhow, the girl manage to pluck up courage after a long time and eat the chicken feet. What's so scary abt chicken feet man? Oh the guy said the cow stomach (it looks like 'zhu1 du3'=pig stomach) looks like the skin of the scrotum. He is damn gross. Apparently, these couple of pple have never been to yum cha before and as our table decided to go for "Eat all you can" (for $16.80...with the kind of food we had...it's qte good...wide variety and stuff I think it'll probably sum up to $30). Anyway, initially, the guy grabbed the whole plate of "chee cheong fan" and put it in front of him, somehow like an ala carte thingy, or so he thought. It was funny. He had intended to eat the whole plate himself. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but bossy me just taught him how to eat it. =X abt how we had to spin the table and take food we wanted. =X so he put the chee cheong fan back and everyone cld eat it=) haha. I hope I wasn't being mean or anything...coz nobody said anything!!...and I've never seen anyone take 1 whole plate to himself. Then again, it was none of my biz so maybe I shldn't have said anything.

These pple are really extremely amusing. This girl was so doubtful of the 'dao huey' for dessert that she had to think sooooooooooo long before she decided to pick up her spoon and dip it into the tofu. And she went "it's like so wobbly" and stuff. Erm...It's ONLY TOFU?.....what do you expect?=P What's so scary abt tofu!!!...Then this gay boy at my table was teasing the local guy abt how the mango pudding he was eating had cow stomach in the middle and the local actually believed him. "........................" and he totally freaked out, I bet he almost cldn't finish what he was eating. Then the girl who was sitting beside me asked me if she cld use her hands to eat the 'cha siew bao1' coz apparently they weren't very good at chopsticks. Haha. Amusing at what these pple dare not eat. I thought they were always so daring and stuff. They eat kangaroos and rabbits!...but not cow or pig insides? HUH?...and...the girl said how her grandma used to cook sheep's brain for her. Damn. I really love the pig insides...=) Oh the other girl was saying how pple cooked starfish and ate them...(I think it wld taste good) but she looked really really scared at the thought of it. Haha. It's really funny man =P

And I am still sooooooooooo full. Gain a pound just from that lunch I reckon. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home