ballade pour adeline

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Hello pple. It is a joy to help others. Indeed it is. Ironically, I don't feel happy today. I hate myself for being so emotionally attached to things I see. It really doesn't feel good. Last day of my clinical stint and I don't feel happy. How can that be?!...

Today I was an interpreter for a while. It felt good. That same canto guy yest with a stroke? Yup, this physio was desperately looking for an interpreter to translate coz the canto guy cldn't understand his demands. Well, I can't speak canto but I tried in mandarin and he knew mandarin! So I merely translated the physio's words. It was qte trashy I reckoned. =P Anyhow, the pt understood me and he went at a slower pace, like what the physio wanted. And when the latter said something like "step softer", I actually translated like "ta4 ruan3 ruan3. Bu4 yao4 ying4 ying4 ta4 xia4 qu4" LOL. What rubbish right? Haha I know. Okok, don't laugh. My dad is so going to kill me. haha. Oh well. I love mandarin. Don't know why, perhaps coz it was sth I scored better in sch. My eng sux as you all know by now. Anyway...

The crazy idiotic physio in the neuro in the morn is a bi-a-tch. Serious. She asked me if I had a problem speaking to pple. Like what the heck! I felt like telling her "Actually I have a problem speaking to YOU!" But I didn't. This disgusting bitch will probably complain abt me. Then at the end of it all, she said that I have to learn to speak to pts. Like HELLO?! I don't have a problem speaking to pple in the spinal and ortho, it's YOU lah. What's with the bossing ard and stuff. She actually left me with this pt for like more than 1/2 hr and it was so freaking awkward coz I don't know what to say to the pt. He was just picking up marcaroni and rolling them over and over and over with his fingers and typing on a keyboard and doing supination exercises and stuff as he has reduced grip strength. Ok, what the heck was I supposed to talk to him abt? IDIOT. I don't even know what he was supposed to do! Had I known his exercises I wld have things to talk to him abt lah! She's a freaking moron lah. Then yest when I first met her, she passed me a medical book and asked me to read up on MS then throughout the whole time she was talking to me, she was looking down at her stupid book so I jolly well walked off to read the stuff then she was like "Hey, I am still talking to you!" Like...PLEASE LAH...you are talking to your BOOK, how wld I know if you are talking to me. You are not even looking at me!...Like go and...Nvm...Don't you know that when you talk, you LOOK at the person, not look down. !!!!(&#(&(##$) Then she told this pt that she was going away next wk for a hol and I soooooooooo SOOOoSOOOoooo wished that she was away this week. =( then she said she was going boating with her husband and don't know what other trash lah and I really really really wish that she will fall into the pond. =) Happy swimming.

On a lighter note, I made choc muffins today! haha okie, act my mum made them and I gave them to the other physio students. I realised that when I told them abt the muffins (and showed them) they reminded me of...no, not pigs but...termites. Somehow. I realised that every single time someone brings food, esp during tutorials, they react as if they are from africa or some really poor and dilapidated place where they haven't eaten in years. Hehe. I don't know lah. It's just reality. Muffin, pizza, gummies, junk food-loving pple=X Just as well. I brought 6 and I told them to share since there were 8 of them. And everyone was literally snatching. I cldn't believe it. Until the last 2 muffins left, 2 girls split each into half to share. Like hmm...Ok...I thought the 1st few pple who took it wld voluntarily break the muffin into half. Just as well. Oh and one more thing. I cldn't help but notice how fake some pple can be. The minute I said I brought them muffins, 2 started talking to me more than usual. It was simply qte...I don't know I was qte speechless regarding this thing. Anyway, it feels good to give and feels good to know that pple enjoy things you do, or in this case, enjoy the food you brought. haha.

Okie...philosophy makes up a relatively large part of my life. So much that it almost kills me. Why does anyone (me) think so much?! Life passes me on. I don't where I am heading to. My death? I don't know. I almost missed my train station just now coz I was thinking of...I don't know again-my stint? I can actually see myself working in this hospital. Weird but oh well. That was only 4 days. Don't think I can survive, as in really survive working there or anywhere, long-term. No way the neuro dept anymore since I had a bad experience in there.

Man, I have another assignment to do over the hols regarding this stint. Trashy trashy trashy. I want to sleep in tmr. No more 5.45am wakes...I really hope that I don't get woken up for nth. Simply detest that so much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home