ballade pour adeline

Sunday, August 20, 2006

today the day passed painfully slowly. to the extent that I even dozed off abt 3 times at work =P Only 20 calls for the entire day. which was, actually a little better than the others. Avg I got was 50 calls a day during wkends...and my workplace was a ghost town on wkends. Or so pple claimed. Nothing to eat; nowhere to go. So i decided to meet up with Dre during lunch at bugis. Well at least there was a crowd there and we just settle for the foodcourt since I only had 1 hr, including the travel time. I took the wrong train (YEAH, WHAT'S NEW? =X) in the opposite direction, bringing me further away from where I was supposed to meet Dre. So yada yada yada. I was running helter-skelter in all directions.

So in the midst of dozing off, the calls came in and I'm like "GOOD AFTERNOON!...blah blah blah..." Kinda shocked and in a sleepy tone. But oh well. IT'S SUNDAY. Com'mon. Give me a break. Working on sundays suck for obvious reasons. First, there is no (not as many) callers. Second, they switch off the bloody aircons, lights and elevators to save electricity. Third, there is absolutely NOTHING open for eating except 2 fastfood outlets. BLAH. Fourth, it's WEEKEND. DUH.

AND. I've got pple calling me Janet, lynette, Gilian and of course, Eden. No comments.

Then my mum made me do some grocery on my way home and ViOlA~ I met my sister in the supermarket. COZ. Because I refused to buy dogs' food. For some reason. So my mum had to entrust my sis to get it. And coincidentally, she was THERE at the right place, at the right time. So. wahhhahaaR while I helped mum get our own necessities, my sis went to buy dog's food.

Been a long and sleepy day. Seriously, which idiot actually wakes up at 6am on sundays?...Enough said. I slept IN the train TO work. I slept AT work. I slept IN the train HOME. Hah!

Tonight, there was nothing on tv. every damn channel was the same stupid speech. Like can you at least have some common sense and not air the SAME show on SIX channels at exactly the SAME timeslots? pple need entertainment man. I wish I still had cable, lah. Then my sis turn the vcd on "Days of Noah" which even she herself fell asleep after 1/2 hr. How cld we even watch it?! it was in mandarin, for ure info. With chi and eng subtitles. STILL.

Drifting in and out of consciousness, somehow I keep 'seeing' melb. like actually feeling that I am there. Envisioning citylife church. THAT day was especially deeply embeded in my mind. That hot summer day, 1 week before my exams, THAT sat when I was meeting sar, sam and Isac for a game of badminton. I don't know why THAT vision seemed very clear today. It wasn't exactly a memorable day or anything. Just that I cld picture myself walking past melb central and myers to get to the tram stop and meet them in the sch sports complex. THAT day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home