ballade pour adeline

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ridiculous

Went for ocf last night. Oddly enough, I didn't enjoy the back to basic bible study. There was this girl who was practically questioning the bible, questioning God. I know everyone does that and I know I used to do that too. But it was only thru this that I realised how annoying all these questions can get. I tried to answer her in any way possible that I could. Then I was thinking, perhaps she was a new christian, oblivious to the religion. However, I then realised that these pple had been going for ocf for ages so they were not newbies. In fact, this B2B is just part of their ocf. So...no new pple. Sad. I think I was considered the 'newest' even though I used to go...2 yrs ago. And I felt kinda estranged, taking in mind that this was the same church I attended 2 yrs ago. Met some familiar faces, some not so. We were kept in a room where we were basically nudging each other elbow to elbow and it was freezing in there. At the end of the study, they wanted to collect 5 bucks for the book and 20 bucks for...SOCIAL EVENTS. erm. being relatively new to this bible study, I thought it felt a little absurb. 20 dollars where I don't even know where the money will go to. And worse still, they wanted to meet up in the middle of the week during lunch to discuss more abt the bible study. Erm. I guess I just wasn't willing to spend anytime more than just the 2 hrs on fridays on bible study. There were 6 pple (5 excluding me) with 3 other pple hosting the group and they said it was big group. 5 pple--a BIG group? Like HELLO?...my sis's cell has nearly 10 odd pple who meet up every friday only man. Sure there are events once in a while in my sis's cell but whatever it is this B2B group simply sounds ridiculous to me. Oh and we had HOMEWORK. We had to do a 500-800 word testimony on WHY WE BECAME A CHRISTIAN. I asked the person why we had to do that and she said it was to remind us why we became one, because some of us forget. Er...Who can forget such stuff??!!!...I know very clearly why I became one. Then when I asked my sis if she had such HOMEWORK, she said the most she ever had to write was abt 100 words and that was for her baptism--to remind her what she herself wanted to say.

Well...I guess that wld be the 1st and the last time I will ever set foot into an ocf bible study group...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home