ballade pour adeline

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Today was an extremely eventful day that i don't even where to begin.

Today was a really unusally busy day for me. Somehow. Strangely enough. I've been working like a horse since 9am. Nevertheless, time flew by so quickly without even my noticing.

I sinned today. Terribly. You see, this guy (old man) wanted to talk to us abt the program that we were assigned to deliver in a couple of weeks time. Somehow, pple don't really like him for some reason which i am not sure myself. But to me, he's like one of the nicest pple in the office. So to date i can't really fathom the reason. Anyway, he came to us and told us that he wanted to talk to us regarding the program and we were scheduled to meet him at 1pm (so we had to rush lunch before 1pm and get back--just the 4 of us and him). We had our lunch and 10 more min to 1pm, we sat ard reading our books in the pantry (this girl, the Da Vinci code, this other girl some book i can't rem, another girl came in later and was playing with her hp and me--the Purpose Driven Life...speaking of which, the 2 of them kept talking and chatting and laughing so much that i only managed to read a page...) The PROBLEM was: He didn't specify where we wld have our meeting and the other 3 girls (ok, me as well) were kinda reluctant to listen to him preach on and on abt the oil company... (the 3 of them dreaded it when he spoke to them during the 1st wk...) And so they decided to HIDE. Yes, how stupid can it get. HIDE in the staff resting room where we were reading our books and they refused to go out where we knew he wld come and look for us. Worse things worse, they dimmed the lights--it was so dark that i cldn't even read lah...that it seemed just so so unpractical that anyone can believe that we were actually reading in there. Fact was, we (ok, i shall use We from here on because despite my dissentment to involve in the hiding...I still did it Okay.) Fact was, WE wanted to make he think that we were NOT in the staff reading room and hopefully he cldn't find us and WE were only planning to get out at 145pm when he wld be have a meeting at 2pm. 15min to preach. Fair enough? Anyway, I think he was searching high and low for us and he even called me Unfortunately/fortunately, I left my hp on my table and to tell you the truth, i really wanted to go out there and grab my hp but I was stopped by the other 3 who VIOLENTLY objected to any stir from the inconspicuous corner where we were all squashed up deliberately like mash potato, to avoid any unwanted (His) attention, lest he shld see me and their plan to blend into the brown walls of the darkened resting room be tarnished. Sigh. With my book still in hand, he walked into the room at 130pm, cool as a cucumber but nevertheless seemingly a little disappointed that we had to treat him that way. I felt really bad...

Then She called me and asked me what we were doing in the room which I just answered honestly that we were really reading. -Totally Unamused-. She said, unfazzled, with an ashened face "So dark? How can ure read in such a dark room? Ure off-ed the lights, pple don't know ure inside..." She is just one of the pple who really detest him as well but she just started telling me that "You know even if ure don't want to listen to him, ure must still respect him. He's still an elderly you know...how can ure do this..." Then she instructed me to let the other 3 know what she said too. It was then I felt really bad abt what WE did. Then after the preaching, He insisted that we followed along to the 2pm meeting too, despite Her disapproval that we needed to listen to this meeting too. So we bo bian had to tag along. His 'so-called' 1/2 hr meeting took 1hr 20min. Halleluya. AND I HAD SO MUCH WORK TO DO TODAY. Hmm. Well, just glad that i managed to finish a certain assignment before 6pm=) Still heaps on my desk awaiting monday's arrival to settle though...back to the topic...Yup, so after the meeting, I walked up to Him and asked if he had a minute to talk and apologized for what WE did, even though the other 3 were happily chatting away and still oblivious to this whole CRISIS. He wasn't angry at all, which sadly made me feel like a sinner who ought to be stabbed in the chest. Anyway, he brought me to the staff resting room and just spoke me (which was actually his purpose for asking for my hp number yesterday...which I kinda didn't wanna give...but Oh well...no choice again) Actually, he just wanna ask me if i was staying after the contract was up...?!?!?!!...Com'on, NOT AT THIS TIME!...I just gave him a vague answer and the topic moved on as swiftly as it began.

He is really a nice person, in my opinion. One thing I was really surprised was, he was telling me abt how we shld always keep learning and stuff and basically just acting like what a mentor does. Basically, he was telling abt THE TACTICS ON HOW TO EARN IT BIG. WOW. That 10 min talk was inspiring. Really. He was the guy who told me to watch TV!!!...haha...no as if I have the time anyway...Anyway, I really appreciate having someone who is so ready to teach. Hardly ever come across such pple my life. Then he was questioning me regarding what that HR guy was talking abt to me because he saw us talking in the room.

Somethings he said really astonished me. made me see clearer and learn more abt office politics today. He started telling me abt how So-and-So1 and So-and-So2 and So-and-So3 are so unwilling to learn and how they are always stuck in the office doing the same old things and how unwilling they are to motivate and improve themselves. (Ironically, SHE was mentioned in the conversation as one of the pple who REFUSE to learn). And that He was quarreling with this [nice] Christian lady yesterday (was a really Loud quarrel I overheard, just because she didn't understand the importance of doing certain thing he wanted, in sequence). He told me that it was bad and it was really important yet she failed to comprehend the significance...blah blah blah...and he even talked abt the big boss, abt how he shielded this other 8-mth-temp staff who just left recently (the guy I got the shoe polish for) abt he was always making mistakes but he never learnt them because That big boss always said it's ok. And he was also saying that some pple in the office (MY DEPT) are so unwilling to teach and stuff and he told me to tell him if anyone does that. WOW...THAT was really office politics. And at the end of it all, he just told me that, after I walk out of this room, DON'T MENTION THESE NAMES...Hmm...Okay. But truthfully, I really appreciate his advice.

Today on the bus after wk again, this guy sitting beside me was blasting his ipod thing in his ear so loudly that I cringed at the sound of his songs. SUGARBABES and i think ATOMIC KITTEN. OH MAN. Hello? I didn't know 25+ yo GUYS actually listen to such songs...-_-". Oh I realised that the food vendor in the foodcourt in definitely gay. Today is the 2nd time i heard him call "Shuai4 ge1" as in handsome man to another guy but i've never heard him say "mei nu"= pretty lady to any ladies before.................THEN, i saw his big earring on his left ear. Ok, so that's the reason.

Hehe another bus incident before I end my story. Back from cls, these 2 guys (ard my age) were sitting infront of me and indulging in an interesting conversation encircling more or less the same topic. Then I think (was qte sure) that they were talking abt ME because when I looked up from my notes upon hearing something fishy, both quickly looked away, kinda guilt-stricken, and out of the window simultaneously as if in a desperate bid to avoid any eye contact with me. I wasn't conscious (ok maybe a little) but whatever i heard was qte funny, whatever they were discussing=p.

Bedtime!=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home