ballade pour adeline

Monday, February 20, 2006

my first day at work. didn't think i wld be involved in office politics. wth. there's always this seemingly bimbo-like image in every office. the one who talks at the top of her voice the entire day, boasts abt her new gaudy top and screams from one end of the office to the other for a plaster because she has a BLISTER ON HER FOOT from her fanciful heels. damn. okay okay, i shall stop bitching. =P

anyway, kicked started the day at 645am. walked to the bus-stop. so happened to miss my busES again. but fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) my neighbour, 3 houses away drove past the bus-stop to fetch her daughter who happened to be waiting for a bus to the mrt station too. This very same neighbour that i have lived with for 6 yrs and NEVER exchanged words with nor even knew they were my neighbours. so i stepped into the car dumbfounded, wondering who the heck's stranger's car i've just hopped in. (note: i hopped in because my mum asked me to- i thought they were her friends from the park LOL) Turned out that...it was midway in the car that I realised that I HAD JUST seen the man 3 gates down my house this morning when i was walking out to catch my bus. Oh so they were my neighbours. hAHhaHA.

ok. i was 20min early today even though i strolled my way into the office. must say the scenery along the way was alluring. especially that z6103 hp in every shop window. so i walked and i walked and i walked for 20min straight. the blardy escalatorS didn't work as usual and we've been paying tax for what?! (at least i thought i was paying tax. haha=P) argh. and 15min into wearing that darn heels, i almost sprained my ankle twice. damn to that again. and why do i keep having that itching feeling that i'd not be in this job for long. Perseverance. Perservance. Perseverance.

been doing filing and stuff. and i came to the conclusion that I AM A WORKAHOLIC. after sitting for 10min straight without anything to do and a computer with internet in front of me, i decided that i didn't know (dared not) what to serve for. SO...i asked my fellow colleagues if i cld assist them. in pasting scotch-tape and sorting out files. actually, sorting files are fun=) a step, or rather, a day nearer to achieving my dream of working ard raffles place=P i reckon my stoning powers are gradually subsiding...saded.

nearing lunch, this consultant gave me a 'customary' an hr plus talk abt the company. very interesting indeed=) sth abt fuel oil, bunkering, cargo and heaps of companies they'd done trading with...(if you're interested, i can show you the piece of paper he printed out for me=))with ugly nice pictures hand-drawn too. hehe. sth you'd probably never be able to get out of a textbook. never stepped out of the office today. the whole 'normal' talk ate into lunch. but the other 3 gals who went out for lunch got me bread=) which i didn't eat because that consultant got me rice. =P hahaaR...oh and did i mention my cubicle overlooks a panaromic view of marina bay, esplanade, raffles and heaps of hotels? =X but i think we might be transferring to either the cargo, bunkering or accounting department soon. blah. oh this guy caught me playing the ONE game that I happened to play the whole day-spider solitaire when he walked past my desk and joked (he better be) that he'll cut my pay. haha. wth. he just SO HAPPENED to be that place at that time.

afternoon sped past and all of a sudden, it flew from 2 to 4 then to 6. and as i stepped into the sardine-packed mrt once again, another day has gone by just like that. tmr will be another tiring day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home