ballade pour adeline

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

i just kicked the fan at the exact location of my open wound. halleluya. my left ankle is really breaking. my left ankle seems to be deteriorating as i stagger my way up and down the bus.

today i was called to stand-in for the receptionist because she was on mc. so i sat at the reception the entire day. it was...erm...interesting, save some horrible moron who screamed "this is crazy!!!" into the receiver and hung up on me (I hate it when pple hang up on me -.-) when the couple of extension lines i put him through bounced back and he cldn't get to speak to the person. OUCH. piang eh. after he did that, i just sat there and stoned. i was just completely STONED. like what the heck just happened man. it ain't easy being a receptionist, esp when there are such horrible pple on earth. but must say there were some really kind pple (a couple of caucasian customers) who, on seeing me panick when i had to scan through the some 120+ staff's namelist, told me it's alright when i made them wait. etiquette man. pple, it's called etiquette!!!

yup, so i was signing like a celebrity and stamping documents when the DHL pple sent parcels. Oh and distributed stationery to the staff when they came for CDs, pens, file etc too. LOL. me. the bookshop auntie.

put through some wrong extensions too =X there were some pple of the same name which made life so hard for me. it was pretty embarrassing when this china man with his phoney accent called up searching for "barry"--i thought he said "valerie" (sounds the same right=P) so i put him thru to valerie and when the call got back to me, he sounded darn pissed with me for putting thru to the wrong person. argh. Sorry Lah. =( and initially, the comp didn't work so i had to scan thru heaps of departments and names on 2 lists of paper just for that ONE person. took me forever. and the worst thing was, some didn't even know the department so i had to search one by one. but i suppose life was better when the dodgy comp was fixed.

but one of the down parts of being a receptionist is that you got hold your bladder darn well. quick pees and stuff lest the phone shld ring...hmm it was qte fun i reckon. wah, i sat down at my desk at 9am then the girl gave me confusing stuff to file again. And 5min into it, the guy came over and asked me to stand-in for the receptionist. then i asked him "what abt these things I am doing?" WAH then he said "just leave it, i told XXX already." WAH.....................the feeling of getting away from work rocked man...hahahaaR...my knight in shining armour.

feeling darn fat with all the sedentary sitting ard lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home