ballade pour adeline

Saturday, December 31, 2005

my new year

a crazy way to spend the last day of 2005. surprised that i am still going. amazingly stayed up for the whole night. man my dad is bad liar. reported that my mum was fuming when he called at 12am and asked what time i was coming back (said i wasn't). i cldn't argue with him, didn't know how to, so i hung up. a minute later, apparently mum called and she sounded so much at ease. haha. in fact my poor mum got woken up by my dad and was forced to talk to me. geez. i thought my dad was always the more up-to-date one. nvm i was wrong. funny.

you can say that it was a spur of the moment that i decided to stay up the whole night. whole morning. we walked from ps to fort canning to lansion place--(my secret hideout;)-finally found the name today) then proceeded to cineleisure to nua and rot on the spongy couch for eh...abt a couple of hrs? then headed back to lansion place where i was raped by thirsty mossies and then eventually back to fort canning which i must say kinda spooked me out. in fact i didn't dare to gawk in the park lest my sleepy eyes play horrible tricks on me=P at 6am, walked out to the main rd and waited for the 1st bus home. haha, i kinda wish dawn didn't come...during last fri's service, there was sth abt how the truth/light always hurts when you emerge from a dark place. but sadly, it's kind of inevitable don't you think so? sometimes ignorance is just bliss. anyway, took a ride and watched the sunrise (i haven't seen day-break since i got back due to my honed capability of zonking in every morning). when the bus snaked unperturbedly to macritchie, i caught pple jogging thru the reservoir. had an impulse to hop off the bus and do that too but man i was in skirt and what, a handbag? (nah just kidding...although i didn't catch a wink the whole night, i am still sober okay. finally reached home at 7.15am. the neighbourhood's just woken up to do their share of healthy living aka exercising and me? just heading home after my fair share of bumming ard in orchard. was greeted with a smile by my mum who was expectantly opened the door for me. glad my dad was at work already=P. i actually still managed to take a bath, brush my teeth and head for my comfort zone. unfortunately, beauty sleep didn't last for long. 3 1/2hrs of sleep. oh well. better sleep tonight. still surviving. i wonder how i did it. guess we were drifting in between bouts of sense and non-sense. judging by the conversational topics we were babbling abt, i think sense probably retired for the night at ard 3am++ haha. but heck. it was fun. fort canning was nice. lansion place was cool, save the blood-suckers that resided on my legs. (i am soooooo smart to be wear a skirt...bleh) juicy red meat with fats waiting for them at their doorsteps. got bitten at least 7 times. oh well. blood-suckers. overall i was glad to be just taking the night out. stoning. talking. chilling out. company was good. thx dude=).

my head is heavy; my mind is dodgy; my body is falling apart. yet the moment i closed my eyes for my beauty sleep, images and scenarios just kept flashing across my eyes. strange dreams that plagued my brain. dreams that i cldn't even fathom what the heck was going on. the song Goodbye my lover, Goodbye my friend-james blunt kept resounding in my head. i think it's prob due to the fact that that was the 1st song i heard when i woke up yesterday morning. blah. weird images haunt me so badly. i shut my eyes to see myself swimming in the vast deep ocean. all alone. swimming deeper and deeper just like a mermaid. there's no one else in there except phytoplankton and you can hardly see anything more than 2m away. oh well. fantasy land.

i wanna get drunk. i wanna cut my hair. i wanna do sth crazy again. say, stand in the middle of penang road and do the chicken dance. haha. oh...you never know.

6x7 = 67. 2+2 = 5 =)

ps. i hope your knee's fine =P tc cya soon

1 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger Daniel Kerensky said...

:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home