ballade pour adeline

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

today was a busy, busy day

Oooooooo!!! I finally went to a bar today!!!=) after work, some colleague asked us if we wanted to go for a beer or sth. We went to balaclava just before suntec. i had always wanted to go each time i walked past that place. hehe i asked for a non-alcoholic drink and had a cocktail (i think) and he ordered a lychee sth for the other girl. Had a rather high alcoholic content i reckon and I dared not even sip a bit lest my rashes start bursting out and i'll be staying in for abt a week or so. Then one of the big bosses joined us. and it was kinda the 1st time i spoke to him although he asked me some stuff abt aust when we were abt to knock off earlier. And apart from the fact that i spoke to him once when i offered him my birthday cake last friday. Anw, were chatting and i realised that each time someone mentions that i am studying physio, they wld inevitably rake up something from a thousand years (or squeeze dry every brain-juice) just to tell a story abt how they had neckache or ankle sprain or hip OA or shoulder pain or backpain or knee replacement or whatever crap one can dig out within his life-span. And then they will start telling tall tales and adventures abt how they went to this inefficient doc/physio/clinician and how they wld refer him (usually a him) to another hospital and dept. Darn. Hey but it's always interesting to listen abt this stuff coz somehow you know that they merely wanna strike a conversation with you. Oddest of things and weirdest of events but...yeah i get the point=) Hmm...this is one ailing society. haha.

Anw, back to the bar thing. and then all of a sudden, the big boss started to offer me a permanent job because apparently he is in-charge of searching for ONE permanent staff right now. (why me? he probably thought i was too free since the other 3 girls wld be starting uni in time to come) hahaaR which i was kinda shocked to the offer because the job scope will probably only start full-swing next wk so...who knows? I might jolly well die then. Blah. Interesting stuff. hehe...i feel so adult-ish sitting in a smoky bar with all the blue collar pple. Was surprised that the bar was pretty crowded, considering it is a wednesday night. The cigarette-filled atmosphere (even though we sat indoors) was horrid and rancid but eventually, somehow i grew immune to it. And my shirt and skirt was soiled that when i asked my mum to smell me, she had a shock and possibly thought I went for a puff at work. And to add to that, that colleague who invited us started to light his 2nd and subsequent cigaretteS and started puffing away. Hard not to get a (heaps of) whiffs of it eh?...=P then the boss too. But oh well. The whole bar smelt that way already let alone pple at our table. Oh then the boss left for a function I think, and they were left with 2 extra beers that they ordered earlier, so that colleague asked me to drink. BTW, BEER SUCKS. It's so blardy bitter. I don't like it. 5% alcohol. Some japanese ayasaki or dunno what rubbish. And I prayed (hard) that my rashes won't emerge or you'll not see me for 1 week. Sigh. Pleaseeeeee!!! Oh i like root beer/sparkling beer actually, the 7-eleven one that dan got the last time. Haha...that was sweeter and what, non-alcoholic?...

ooo had Kenny Rogers for lunch=) I actually made this stranger travel from tampines to suntec (serious) just because i said that I am pressed for time during lunch. how sweet. haha. Actually he was the one who indirectly got me this job. Yes, a stranger, some promoter for insurance I met at junction8 abt a mth ago. haha. So i had just wanted to ask him out to thank him. that was a funny time. I didn't want to listen to him initially, with the excuse that "nooo...i am not interested" when he tried to ka-chau me and I feigned to scramble away faster and faster BUT he said "at least listen to me 1st lah" (maybe i shld be glad i did)...haha ok, i thought he was qte poor thing...(ADMIT IT. nobody listens to pple who sells insurance lah) I DID. And then somehow he found out I was job-hunting thru a series of questions and kindly introduced me to some random person who i contacted and got the job. Some stranger eh? =)

Oh, lately the pple keep telling us to go home and not do OT...because...blah because of the pay issue lah. While I try to squeeze every single amt out of OT, there they are, cajolling us to GO HOME.

Today, we finally had our pass to the backdoor!!! so we don't have to keep borrowing the pass from another staff to go to the washroom which is just beside the backdoor. And that includes mornings too. No more walking thru the front-door, past the reception and ard the whole office or past depts just to get to our place which is near the backdoor=)

Every morning...I have to jostle with the others in the mrt which is literally like sardines in a can. Unbearable BOs, coconut smells on the hair and the repugnant closet-clothes "aromas" which fill my nostrils every morning because everyone is less than 30cm away from each other. you name it, you have it. Whatever strawberry-banana-orange-durian trash-smell that you have on a crowded mrt. Blah. Too bad. Gotta squeeze like strawberry-jam for now. Wait till i get my Alfa Romeo. HahaR =P Then i saw this guy in a suit on the overhead bridge giving out pamphlets. my heart really goes out to him. In this hot and humid weather, imagine being the scrutiny of indifferent passers-by (like me). Sweat pouring down from just about every single pore in the body. ARgh. Gross.

Despite the butt-to-butt/ass-to-ass contacts in the mrt, ultimately, it's nice to literally slide across the floors and way past everyone when the gates open JUST BECAUSE...just because I am wearing slippers. i get puzzled looks and kapo glares every morning but darn, it's called PRACTICALITY, people!!!...Wear those freaking heels and see how slow the ladies crawl from one end of the mrt station to the other. And let's see, what will happen when these "heel-pple" are late for work? Don't expect them to run, for they will probably destroy their beloved americaya/hushpuppies/charles&keith/BATA heels. My advice, next time just bring ure darn slippers. You get the repulsive and dumb stares but...hmm...Just Walk Faster to avoid the observant eyes. hehe. Oh also, lately i discovered more and more guys keeping long hairs? Hmm is there a mass-closing down of barber shops lately? Or are pple just too busy to give a damn abt maintaining their fringe? *tsk* In the mrt, i came across a few guys whose hair reminded me of fruits. YES, fruits (so great is my imagination...i was sian lah, ok?=p) There was one whose unkempt outgrowth resembled a rambutan, another a durian and another...was it worms of sth?...i can't remember what...but yah nothing good. HehE.

Oh well.

oh thanks for the sweet (smelling) bday present and sweet card! Sorry i cldn't meet you downstairs because of the time constraints...let's hang out soon!!!

Tmr is another day. And I am sleeeepy. *yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home